After living in B.C., I became addicted to the sush. I simply love the flavours, the texture of this wonderful cuisine and I especially LOVE wasabi. It's my favourite thing ever.
Sushi North is the only sushi restaurant in YK. Apparently it opened a few years ago seasonally to accommodate the influx of Japanese tourists and due to the popularity amongst the locals, they now are opened year round.
I had once tried take out from there and just recently dined in at the restaurant. It is simply and modernly decorated and very bright and cheerful with large, bright local art featured on the walls. All prices include tax, which is something that always appeals to me and the prices are on par with what you would pay in B.C. They only accept cash for now, so if you are like me and never carry cash, stop by the bank machine before going. (There are banks located very close to SN.) Their California Roll is priced at $6.00 as is their Dynamite and Veg Roll, with the other single items ranging from $5.00 to $15.00. They offer box specials that are priced at $11.00, $15.00, and $32.00.
The menu is relatively small in comparison to other sushi restaurants I have tried in other provinces and states, everything that I and my dining companions have tried has been tasty and fresh.
Pictured above is their Veg Roll, California Roll and Ebi Nigri Sush. Notice how nice and green the avacado is!
Sushi North is located on 50th Ave next to Sutherland's Drugs and is closed on Sundays. Try it out the next time you find yourself in YK!
4 comments:
You're making me hungry...
Sushi North is the only thing I eat when I'm in YK! Unfortunately my friends don't enjoy it quite as much...so I try to look extra smug while I eat it in front of them and their hamburgers.
They actually have an ATM at the top of the stairs right outside of the restaurant!
Sushi North rocks! I love the Somba K'e set.
I'm all for the Aurora set with a side of Dynomite Rolls if I'm hungry that day. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Do I hear a Sushi Party being planned?
Post a Comment